Millbrae Girls Softball Association
MGSA Spring 2019 ⚾ Player registration, evaluations & uniform fittings
This is a reminder that the last day to register is Sunday, January 6th.
The evaluation and uniform fitting will be on Saturday, January 12th at:
- Lower Green Hills (401 Ludeman Ln, Millbrae, CA 94030)
Please try to show up a half hour early to warm up.
- 6U = No evaluation
- 8U = 9:00am - 10:30am
- 10U = 10:30am - 12:00pm
- 12U = 12:00pm - 1:30pm
Coaches will be conducting evaluations of players with drills such as batting, fielding, throwing, pitching, and catching. Coaches will be scoring and evaluating each player's skill level to ensure competitive balance so that all girls have a positive experience and a chance for their team to succeed during the season. Players should bring their softball gear (e.g., glove, bat, batting helmet, cleats, fielding mask, catcher's gear, etc) and be prepared to hit the field. For pitchers, please have a parent or adult available to catch during pitching evals.
- 6U = 9:30am - 10:30am
- 8U = 10:30pm - 11:30am
- 10U = 12:00pm - 1:00pm
- 12U = 11:00am - 12:00pm
Players will be fitted for uniforms. There will be samples on site for players to try on. This is also the time for players to place up to 3 of their uniform number preferences. This is also an opportunity to order Millbrae Girls Softball gear.
Uniform fitting will continue until noon if you can’t make your allotted time. Otherwise, email email@example.com and provide them your shirt and pants size and number preference.
Fundamentals Overview: Postponed to a later date in February. More information will be provided.
Wishing everyone a safe and happy new year!
For the upcoming Spring Season, we will have teams in 6U (6 yrs-old and under), 8U (8 yrs-old and under), 10U (10 yrs-old and under), and 12U (12 yrs-old and under) age divisions. Players of all skill and experience levels are encouraged to play.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Things to Keep in Mind as You are Registering
- If you do not already have an SI Play User Account, you will need to create a New Account first. CLICK HERE for detailed instructions.
- For sibling discount, please register players at the same time prior to checkout.
Early bird discounted fees are in effect! Register now before the fees go up before November
Registration fees are listed during the registration process.
Spring Rec Season General Info
Spring Rec Season begins with events in January and practices start in February. First game will be the first weekend of March and runs through the beginning of May. Schedules will be provided in late January.
Team games typically occur on one weekday and/or Saturday of each week during the season. Practice days, times, and locations will be determined by your player's coach. Practices generally occur 1 to 2 days a week for 60 to 90 minutes depending on the age division. 6U Division Teams have Saturday games only.
- October: Registration opens with early bird discounted fees
- November: Early bird discounted fees end and registration continues with regular fees
- January (early in month): Registration deadline
- January (middle of month): Player Evaluations (see Player Evaluations page for details)
- January (middle of month): Team Night (see Team Night page for details)
- January (late in month): Teams and schedules will be announced
- February: Team practices begin
- March (1st weekend): First game
- May (beginning of month): End of Spring Rec Season
Looking forward to new and returning players!!!